Is Weight Loss Surgery Right For You?
For people with morbid obesity, who have been unable to lose weight and/or maintain weight loss on their own weight loss or bariatric surgery is a safe and effective treatment option. Who can qualify for this procedure.
Who can qualify for this procedure:
- If you are18 years old or older
- If you have a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or greater, or
- If you have a BMI of 35 or greater, and one or more conditions related to obesity, such as diabetes or sleep apnea
Advantages of Weight Loss / Bariatric Surgery
Although weight loss surgery is an effective tool for achieving a healthier weight, other benefits of surgery include:
- Improvement or reversal of some obesity-related conditions, such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and joint pain.
- Improvement in overall health, extending life expectancy.
- Improvement in quality of life, including increased energy and mobility.
- Overall improvement in your self-image, mood, and psychological health.